Our Achievements So Far
Nomadic Thoughts is very proud of its sustainable and responsible tourism record, receiving recognition both within the travel trade and across our destinations’ wider communities.
In addition to a variety of nominations, we won the last British Travel Awards Bronze Award for being the ‘Most Environmentally and Socially Responsible Small Tour Operator of the Year’.
The awards are judged by the BTA Academy, which is made up of travel industry professionals and experts from all areas of travel.
AWARD WINNERS –
- Won ‘AITO Responsible Tourism Award’ for “its responsible tourism practise”.
- We are proud to have the maximum ‘AITO 5 Star’ responsible tourism status.
- Travel trade initiatives – we firmly support travel trade responsible tourism initiatives. Jono Vernon-Powell (Nomadic Thoughts founder/director) is a founder members of AITO’s Responsible Tourism Committee and continues to be directly involved in the Association’s ground breaking responsible tourism activities. AITO’s members combine to send over two million tourists abroad each year.
- New Life Line (NLL) – Nomadic Thoughts were directly involved in setting up, managing and administrating NLL. The charity initially set up as ‘New Life Mexico’ directly supported children and young people in the tourist destination of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, who have been physically, sexually or emotionally abused. The Nomadic Thoughts office was the registered office and UK administration hub of New Life Life.
Nomadic Thoughts’ contribution to NLL has been recognised by the Mexico Tourist Office, the Mexican Ambassador and a variety of travel trade associations.
- Jono Vernon-Powell Chair’s AITO’s Climate Crisis Think Tank (ACT).
- Nomadic Thoughts’ in house responsible tourism practises – we continue to evaluate our own in house RT practises and endeavour to communicate and encourage the practise of our RT beliefs to all our clients and suppliers.
- Travel Foundation – Nomadic Thoughts are members of the Travel Foundation and pleased to support their initiatives. We also provide information on relevant government and NGO organisations – including Tourism Concern, Know Before You Go and FOC.
- TICOS – Nomadic Thoughts has previously been delighted to support and contribute to The Tourism Industry Carbon Offset Service (TICOS). In addition our clients have made considerable ‘carbon-off set contributions’ that have in turn assisted with projects in Africa and Asia.
- With an eye on spreading our support to different regions around the world we have more recently donated and delivered new fleeces to a variety of destinations – including rural communities in Central America, East Africa, Nepal and the Jungle Camp, Calais.
- We have also previously taken great delighted in setting up and running a local football programme for township children in South Africa – in partnership with Samara.
Nomadic Thoughts are proud of these achievements as we believe it reflects on all our sustainable and responsible tourism activities.
Planning the holiday of a lifetime, a honeymoon or sabbatical?
Speak to a Nomadic Thoughts travel expert, call us on +44 (0)20 7604 4408