Our clients’ top six ‘total escape’ experiences over the past twelve months:
- Serra Cafema (northwest Namibia) – set amongst the dunes and plains in one of Africa’s most remote camps, Serra Cafema is home to the Himba Tribe, springbok, ostriches, oryx and thousands of miles of desert plain.
“I feel we’ve been to the far end of the earth and back” Arjun Khosla, Birmingham
“Space, peace and sunsets, just as you said” Lucie Burgess, Wiltshire
- Amazon Lodge (Brazil) – arguably the most charming of all jungle locations, this floating lodge is in the heart of the Rio Mamori Eco System. Set deep off the southern banks of the Amazon River, exploring the flood regions is easy, and exotic wildlife isguaranteed.
“Stunning location, nature on tap with an extraordinary couple of nights in hammocks away from the lodge” Klaus Kramer, London
“After 24 hours our eyes were as sharp as Moshima the guide’s” Pete Dawson, Edinburgh
- North Island (Seychelles) – total luxury meets total seclusion. This island is a conservation project combining a fantastic Robinson Crusoe location with the all the most luxurious trimmings tailored perfectly to you.
“Did our shoulders drop…” Heather Dobson, Ruislip
“I’m not sure we will be able to go anywhere else now” Mary Newens, Kent
- Antarctic Cruise (due South) – following in the footsteps of the adventurers of yesteryear, we can now visit the unlocked world of the Antarctic continent. Staggering silence, white ice-stifled shores, carpark-sized icebergs and toothpaste-blue glaciers, not to mention whales, seals and hundreds of thousands of penguins.
“I felt as if we had stepped through the looking-glass at the first sight of land after the Drake Passage” Alex Nejad, London
“What a privilege” Richard Moran, Surrey
- Kashgar (western China) – the Silk Road is the meeting point between the Eastern and Western empires. It is probably the world’s remotest, most diverse and extraordinary market, tucked away in the heart of the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. Located between the Gobi and Taklimakan deserts, between the Karakorum and Pamir mountain ranges, this is probably the best Sunday market in the world.
“We’ve been back centuries” Justine Taylor, Reading
“Everything you could possibly want under one sky” John Baranski, Guildford
- Le Taha’a Private Island and Spa (French Polynesia) – surrounded by coral reef, Le Taha’a is the perfect beach destination, complete with over-water bungalows, a turquoise lagoon and palm covered beaches.
“Bliss…” Catherine Peridot, Lancashire
“How did you find this… our perfect paradise setting, thank you” Victoria Stevenson, Newcastle
For the best Total Escape, call +44 (0)20 7604 4408 for expert holiday advice