Update for UK visitors to the USA
With confusion over present US immigration status over UK visitors entering the USA, having communicated with our Norther American suppliers, we would like to share our summary of travel implications further last weekend’s Presidential announcements:
- The Presidential executive order only applies to individuals travelling to the USA from one of the following countries: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Sudan, Libya, Yemen or Somalia.
- If you are travelling to the USA from the United Kingdom, the latest executive order does not apply to you so you will not experience extra checks regardless of your nationality or your place of birth.
- If you are a UK National who happens to be travelling to the USA from one of the countries listed above, then the order does not apply to you, even if you were born in one of these countries.
- If you are a dual citizen of one of the countries listed above, travelling to the USA from OUTSIDE those countries then the order does not apply to you.
- The USA has reaffirmed its strong commitment to the expeditious processing of all travellers from the United Kingdom arriving into the United States.
Planning the holiday of a lifetime, a honeymoon or sabbatical?
Speak to a Nomadic Thoughts travel expert, call us on +44 (0)20 7604 4408